Almost End of Advent

Well. we are almost at the final week of Advent and it's time to stop and sit awhile before the final push towards Christmas.............................................................................




If you want your dream to be,
Take your time, go slowly.
Do few things but do them well,
Heartfelt work grows purely.

Day by day, stone by stone,
Build your secrets slowly.
Day by day, you’ll grow too.
You’ll know heavens glory.

If you want to live life free,
Take your time, go slowly.
Do few things but do them well,
Heartfelt joys are holy.
 



Words by Donovan Leitch, sung by the friends of Francis of Assisi in the movie Brother Sun, Sister Moon directed by Franco Zeffirelli
Monk image from Monos org 




4 comments:

RJ said...

How fascinating that you should post this - from one of my favorite movies - and BEST film depictions of the Eucharist, yes? I was speaking with a colleague today about just this film - and this song - and this clip as a way to help her very burdened congregation get a sense of the joyous community we are called to receive and share in Eucharist. Blessings.

visual theology said...

What a gift this clip is. Just what I needed today. Never having seen the film before I am struck by the simple, patient beauty of the song and visuals. THanks Philomena!

Blue Eyed Ennis said...

Welcome RJ and Jan and many thanks for visiting. RJ- your comments on the Eucharist are intriguing and I would love to discuss this more. Perhaps e.mail ??
The Zefirelli film has its detractors but it was a child of its time! and I love it even more now than when I was a cynical teenager !
There is a great review of the film here :
http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/movies/reviews/2004/brothersunsistermoon.html?start=1

and also a wonderful article here
http://www.thetablet.co.uk/pdf/2977
Blessings

Blue Eyed Ennis said...

Welcome Dave.
I am delighted you have visited my blog as I much admire your work.
I thought as a photographer you would like the stunning visuals and the snowy landscape in the video. I am even more delighted that the film is "good new news" for you !! The Umbrian countryside is perfect for the message it carries and especially fitting for Christmas ( we have snow in Cornwall which is pretty unusual- how are you getting on ?
I am thrilled you visited !!
Blessings