Love Will Show the Way: Hold it Up To the Light

I  wasn't going to post much more here this first week of Lent, but today I discovered this Canadian singer , David Wilcox and these songs Show The Way and Hold It Up To The Light by chance. 

I was blown away by such beautiful songs of hope to lift the spirit.
How I wish I could write like this.

So, rather than wait, here they are...




Lyrics to Show The Way

You say you see no hope
You say you see no reason we should dream
That the world will ever change
You're saying love is foolish to believe

Cause there'll always be some crazy
With an army or a knife
To wake you from that daydream
Put the fear back in your life 

Look, If someone wrote a play
Just to glorify what's stronger than hate
Would they not arrange the stage
To look as if the hero came too late?

As if He's almost in defeat
So it's looking like the evil side will win.
So on the edge of every seat
From the moment that the whole thing begins

It has been love that mixed the mortar
It was love that stacked these stones
It was love that made the stage here
And made it feel like we're alone

Within this scene, set in shadow,
Like the night is here to stay
There is evil cast around us
But it's love that wrote this play

So that in this darkness love can show the way

So now your stage is set
You feel your own heart beating in your chest
So this life's not over yet
So we get up on our feet and do our best 

We play against the fear
We play against the reasons not to try 
We're playing for the tear
that's burning in the happy angel's eye

For it's love that mixed the mortar
It was love who stacked these stones
It was love that made the stage here
And made it feel like we're alone

Within this scene, set in shadow,
Like the night is here to stay
There is evil cast around us
But it's love that wrote this play

So that in this darkness, love can show the way



                                                       Image above by Dave Perry from Visual Theology Blog here


Hold It Up To the Light

David's humorous introduction to this song is something I can relate to !


Lyrics

 It's the choice of a lifetime -
 I'm almost sure I will not live my life in between any more
 If I can't be certain of all that's in store
 This far it feels so right, so I will hold it up - hold it up to the light
 Hold it up to the light, hold it up to the light
 See the search for my future has brought me here
 This is more than I'd hoped for, but sometimes I fear
 That the choice I was made for will someday appear
 But then I'll be too late for that flight 
 So. I'll just hold it up to the light

 Because it's too late - to be stopped at this crossroads
 Where each life here - is a separate way 
 And if I wait  - then they all will be lost roads
 As each road's getting shorter the longer I stay 
 But now as soon as I'm moving - this choice feels good 
 As this way comes through right where I prayed that it would
 If I keep my eyes open and look where I should
Somehow all of the signs are in sight 
 If I just hold it up to the light

 I said God, will you bless this decision 
 as I'm so scared here
 with my life at stake.
 But now I see if you gave me a vision
 then I would never have reason to use my faith
 'Cos I was dead with deciding - I was afraid to choose
 'Cos I was mourning the loss of those choices I'd lose 
 But there's no choice at all if I don't make my move
 And trust that the timing is right 
 Yes and hold it up to the light 


 

No comments: