Michael Belk- Journeys With the Messiah














Michael Belk is a fashion photographer of some renown. His work has appeared in Vogue, Elle, GQ and Vanity Fair.

But this year he has turned his skills towards a new project called Journeys With The Messiah.

In 2008, despite the economic downturn, Belk took time off of fashion photography and spent his own money to finance the project that took more than a year and a half to complete.  

The project cost $600,000.

Pre-production took 10 months and more than 100 extras were needed. An Italian actor played Jesus and a production company from Rome and a film crew from the U.S. were hired.

Belk directed what he calls “the most gruelling, but most rewarding shoot” of his career.

All of the photos were shot in Matera, Italy (filming location for “The Passion of the Christ”).

Michael Belk will exhibit the collection worldwide in counterintuitive venues such as mass transit stations, corporate headquarters and projections onto urban buildings.























  
Michael Belk write on his website about the above picture:
   
Living today while being secure in tomorrow
As the stock markets crashed in the fall of 2008, I panicked as I saw my life savings evaporate before my eyes. Almost half of everything I had counted on was gone. Several days before this catastrophic financial collapse, I was reading about Jesus teaching his disciples a “form of prayer” that we have come to recite as The Lord’s Prayer.

Of the six sections of the prayer – the first three to the honor of God and the second three for the needs of man – the fourth part is “Give us day by day the bread we need.”
Almost instantly, it dawned on me that, despite all the promises Jesus has made about God taking care of my needs, I do not trust Him for those needs on a day-by-day basis. Not only do I want my bread today, I want to feel secure that I have tomorrow’s bread, today.

And, I want to know that I have “retirement bread” and lots of it.

How peaceful would life be if we could live with no worry about having to meet our needs for tomorrow? It is His promise.  Matthew 6


No comments: