Memories of Malawi and a Fresh Look

I lived and worked in Malawi from 1991 -1992 in a village called Ludzi near Mchinji. President Hastings Banda was in power. The Human Rights Situation was dire and corruption was rife at all levels of society but the resilience of the people was amazing.

H.I.V./AIDS was on the rise then and there was a bad famine that year. I thought it would be interesting to have a look at recent videos of the country.

There was no internet back then and I have hundreds of photos but unfortunately all on paper.

President Banda's one party state is long gone and there is a multi party democracy now but AIDS has wreaked havoc on the country and poverty is still rife but still the people sing and still they smile.

This is a bit of a trip down memory lane for me.




















No comments: