Through a glass darkly


So near and yet so far........................
1.Corinthians 13.
For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; then I shall know even as I am fully known.

 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.


Image from Heloise Crista.


I found this song by chance and have never heard this singer William Fitzismmons, but it's nice.
It takes a while to get started so you have to be patient.
He seems to have a screen for the audience to project their questions and comments on and then he answers them.
I am thinking that  if we could all communicate with God like that perhaps the world would not be in such a muddle. 

The lyrics are below the video..... and I'm still trying to figure out what it means and whether I agree with it or not !!!!!

Anyone who would  like to offer their interpretation is welcome to leave a comment







I should not have hid
where my heart can't follow
cause this grace gets so far
and too hard to swallow
I've been running from Saul,
He's been giving chase
when I look in his eyes
all I see is his face

Are you still on my back
after all these years?
chasing me out of hell
and my nice veeners
I don't know how you stand
when you've got no floor
or how you can breathe
with your hands on boards

I just want to be not what I am today
I just want to be better than my friends might say
I just want a small part in your passion play

Do you hear when I call
in the midst of wrong?
Do you hear these here words
while I sing this song?
Are you caught up in me
like I heard you say?
or just some big cashier
that I'll have to pay.








No comments: