The Last Supper

I have been thinking about the chalice or Holy Grail used by Jesus at the Last Supper.

In the movie Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, the hero stands before rows of goblets and in a life-or-death moment must decide which one is the Holy Grail—the wine cup used by Jesus at the Last Supper.
Ignoring richly adorned chalices, Indiana Jones carefully lifts a plain vessel and says, 

"That’s the cup of a carpenter."
 ( Image left : Click on Image for larger version) 


I read this somewhere a long time ago:

Once, the Catholic Church had only wooden chalices but "golden " priests.

Now we have golden chalices and wooden priests !


(That is a tad unfair as I know there are many "golden priests" but it can seem like that sometimes.)


So to be more charitable let's  pray for priests !!





This is a link to one of the "golden ones", Fr. Austin at  Concord Pastor which has a Prayer for All Priests.

Also today at Whispers in the Loggia there are a couple of interesting posts :  a scoop video interview with Cardinal William Levada, the onetime Inquisition's current chief.




In a second post today, Rocco Palmer, the author of Whispers in the Loggia states:
"It wouldn't be sensationalistic nor unfair to expect something significant from the Pope at the one annual liturgy dedicated to the priesthood, this Priestly Year's theoretical climax: the Chrism Mass of Holy Thursday morning -- the day's one liturgy held in St Peter's, and the only Papal Mass at which all priests present concelebrate.
Has a pope ever resigned ? See this short video to find out........


Read more on link below about
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

claire bangasser said...

What I admire most of all about your blog is that everything you post point us toward Godde...

Thank you.

Fran said...

I love the scene that leads Indiana and crew to where they are as they bolt through the Siq at Petra, I also love those words. They hit me hard the first time I heard them in the film and I have continued to hold them in my heart.

Beautiful!

Prayers ongoing for you and yours.

Blue Eyed Ennis said...

I have revamped my blog and seem to have lost my reply comments to these two posts so apologies for this.