Music to Get me Going : Third Week of Lent

Apologies for some gender bias in this first one, but I did not write it. I guess we could put sister in one or two of the verses to remedy the situation !!

I just happened to like this unusual dulcimer version of THE SERVANT SONG and the video link to Haiti.
( Sadly we have to add Chile to this since this video was finished).

The words eventually appear on screen as it develops--- I find it difficult NOT to sing along with this !!




St Patrick's Day Coming Soon on 17th March so this one is for all the Celts, especially Irish ones. Lyrics below :

Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou and Thou only, the steel in my heart
Great God of heaven, my treasure Thou art

Great God of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.


1 comment:

claire bangasser said...

I very much like the dulcimer song. Thank you. You made this Lenten day more beautiful :-)