Feast of the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary

Here are today's Mass readings

Below is an English translation of a prayer from the German author Olga Warnke (IBVM) based on the Magnificat prayer said by Mary during her visit to ther cousin Elizabeth when she was pregnant with Jesus.


























  


The Canticle of Mary
My soul glorifies the Lord
My spirit rejoices in God my Saviour
For he has blessed me lavishly
and makes me ready to respond.
He shatters my little world
and lets me be poor before Him.
He takes from me all my plans
and gives me more than I can hope for or ask.
He gives me opportunities and the ability
to become free and to burst through my boundaries.
He gives the strength to be daring, to build on Him alone,
for He shows himself as the ever greater One on my life.

He has made known to me this:
It is in my being servant that it becomes possible
for God's kingdom to break through here and now.

 Photo scene below of the Visitation from the Film The Nativity



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: