Today, September 15th is the Feast of Our Lady of Sorrows
There are traditionally seven events to reflect on: sorrows (or dolors) in the life of Mary, the Mother of Jesus.
- The Prophecy of Simeon over the Infant Jesus (Luke 2:34)
- The Flight into Egypt of the Holy Family (Matthew 2:13)
- The Loss of the Child Jesus for three days (Luke 2:43)
- The Meeting of Jesus and Mary along the Way of the Cross (Luke 23:26)
- The Crucifixion where Mary stands at the foot of the cross. (John 19:25)
- The Descent from the Cross where Mary receives the dead body of Jesus in her arms. (Matthew 27:57)
- The Burial of Jesus. (John 19:40)
These things I have spoken to you,
that in me you may have peace.
In the world you shall have distress:
but have confidence,
I have overcome the world.