Training in Waiting

The Light FantasticImage by ecstaticist via Flickr
Good article here

and if like me, you find it hard to pray nobody does prayer better than Fr. Austin Fleming at A Concord Pastor Comments.

He always finds the right words at the right time ...

He always begins a Monday with a Prayer. 

This is his prayer for today , for the Second Week of Advent .................




Good morning, good God!

Must be the time of year, Lord…
Too much going on,
too many things happening,
too many demands on everyone’s energy and time,
just too much…

And ‘though I’d like you to take it all away, Lord,
I know that’s not how you work!

So I offer you my tired confusion,
my loneliness in crowds,
and feet that fail me
when I want to run from it all..

When too many things are happening all at once,
help me see what’s important and what’s not,
help me know what you’d have me do first, Lord -
and what you’d not have me do at all…

Give me wisdom to know what you ask of me, Lord,
and strength to accomplish what’s mine to do:
speak to my heart and with your word
open my heart to your will…

I pray for your strength and counsel:
when my heart’s slow to know where to turn,
where to go, what to do,
encourage and lead and guide me…

Rouse me when I’m tired, Lord:
give me your strength when mine fails and
help me spend it on what’s good and fruitful
for me, for others,
for all whose paths cross mine…

Lift me up when I’m bowed down, Lord;
refresh your spirit within me;
renew my hope and trust in you;
give me a new beginning, this Monday morning
and make of this week a gift of peace
and a time of grace…

Amen.

What a great way to start the week and here is a wonderful piece of music to soothe the soul and slow us all down. The person who posted this music on You Tube said it was


"A tribute to my nocturnal hours that I have spent navigating in the wonderful, parallel worlds of the internet.They were not in vain.

A tribute to these hours of physical absence that were comforted by the discovery of sites in the other side of the world, by letters to friends and enemies, by chats with strangers and beloved people.They meant much to me."

I could not put it better myself and I too would like to thank all those who visit this blog, follow me, take time to pass on comments either here or via cards , e.mail / or on Facebook , to all those who encourage me when I am weary and lack confidence or belief. 
A BIG THANK YOU !!

No comments: