Wednesday Third Week of Advent 2010 Mass And Reflections

Mass readings for today can be found here

This photograph shows the remains of the original Coventry Cathedral after the Blitz bombings in Second World War. This year marked the seventieth anniversary of the air raids.


The words of the psalm from today's Mass struck me 
that God did not create this earth to be a waste, but designed it be lived in: when people decry religion and say the usual cliche that it has been the cause of so many wars this still does not mean that the underlying truth of the existence of God is negated.

It just means that mankind still have not understood and perfected the word of God.
Maybe there will always be wars but God is and was long before any of us and shall be for evermore...  

First Reading

I am the LORD, there is no other;
I form the light, and create the darkness,
I make well-being and create woe;
I, the LORD, do all these things.


Let justice descend, O heavens, like dew from above,
like gentle rain let the skies drop it down.
Let the earth open and salvation bud forth;
let justice also spring up!


I, the LORD, have created this.
For thus says the LORD,
The creator of the heavens,
who is God,
The designer and maker of the earth
who established it,
Not creating it to be a waste,
but designing it be lived in:
I am the LORD, and there is no other.
Who announced this from the beginning
and foretold it from of old?
Was it not I, the LORD,
besides whom there is no other God?


There is no just and saving God but me.
Turn to me and be safe,
all you ends of the earth,
for I am God; there is no other!


By myself I swear,
uttering my just decree
and my unalterable word:
To me every knee shall bend;
by me every tongue shall swear,
Saying, “Only in the LORD
are just deeds and power.


Before him in shame shall come
all who vent their anger against him.
In the LORD shall be the vindication and the glory
of all the descendants of Israel.”

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: