Put the Brokenness Under the Blessing

Jacob is wrestling with the angel, and Jacob says something very profound to the angel. 

He says, 'I will not let you go until you bless me.' And that's what I feel about suffering. When something bad happens, I will not let go of that bad thing until I have discovered the blessing that lies within it."
I think of "putting brokenness under the blessing" is just like that-- that the broken part of us can also be included in what's "blessed" about us-- and maybe we have to make the
suffering bless us before we let it go.


This is a remarkable video of a remarkable man . 
The whole series of 8 video sermons under the Title "Being the Beloved" is on You Tube, this one being Number 4.

As we prepare for the beginning of Lent next Ash Wednesday it seems a good one to reflect on. 
I am also offering this for a very dear friend who is terminally ill, for her husband and all her family. Please keep them in your prayers.


No comments: