Breathe Deep The Breath of God: Bo Ruach Elohim : Come Spirit of God

The first scripture reading from Sunday's Mass is very much with me today....

You can read my main post for this Fifth Sunday of Lent:  Raising of Lazarus here.

 and this one:-  Can These Dry Bones Live ?


Reading 1

Thus says the Lord GOD:
O my people, I will open your graves
and have you rise from them,
and bring you back to the land of Israel.
Then you shall know that I am the LORD,
when I open your graves and have you rise from them,
O my people!
I will put my spirit in you that
you may live,
and I will settle you upon your land;
thus you shall know that I am the LORD.
I have promised, and I will do it, says the LORD.

Reflections 


We all need to breathe deep the breath of God !!


Bo Ruach Elohim is the Hebrew for Come Spirit of God........... Ruach : the Spirit or breath of God.

Below Breath of Elohim by William Blake: Hebrew for God 


Take these dry bones .....................



Fill with them your Spirit and put fresh sinews and muscle into our bodies...


Kodesh means  KODESH RUACH - Holy Breath of God.

Come, Holy Spirit, come. Come and fill us now. For you are welcome in this place. Show your mercy and your grace. Come and fill us, Holy Spirit come. 
Baruch haba, baruch haba:  Welcome Spirit of God.


Ruach Elohim:

Baruch Adonai : Blessed Is the Lord ............

The Spirit of Jesus, the Messiah, like the signature of God  is imprinted within us.


This song Breathe Deep by the Lost Dogs says it well........................................







Click here for an intriguing video from Fr. Richard Rohr  on how sacred names for God can never be spoken but only breathed ....... (18 minutes but worth it !)



No comments: