Further Analysis and Discussion on Elizabeth Johnson

Triduum sacrum 043Image via Wikipedia
Previous posts
(see here)  have attempted to keep abreast of the continuing debate over the censure of theologian Elizabeth Johnson's published book, Quest For a Living God.



The erudite Brother Dan at Dating God fills us in again today with a link to this article by Fr. Anthony Ruff  at Pray Tell Worship which extends the discussion.











As a non-theologian, I'm finding it hard to keep up with it especially as we approach the Triduum where I just feel drawn to spend sacramental time in reflection and silence. 

The articles on the issues re Elizabeth Johnson involve reading many comments too and wading through the information takes time but I do think it is an important and interesting debate and yet I do not agree with the way in which Elizabeth Johnson was treated so I am posting it maybe to return to it later on.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: