Friday Music Friday Five

It's Friday again and time for some music to take us into the weekend.

Four from Natalie Merchant and Buena Vista Social Club for the last one.

Have a  great weekend everyone. 

This first one is a masterclass in how to hold an audience in the palm of your hand.
I especially like the part where she shows them a different way of clapping to the rhythm.
The church leaders could learn a lot from her methods.  :-))
NB : notice how eager the audience are to participate .







There are some wonderful lyrics in the next one :
A selection :
You'll know it's true that you are blessed and lucky.
It's true that you are touched by something that will grow and bloom in you.

These are days.

These are the days you might fill with laughter until you break.
These days you might feel a shaft of light make its way across your face.
And when you do you'll know how it was meant to be.
See the signs and know their meaning.
It's true, you'll know how it was meant to be.
Hear the signs and know they're speaking to you, to you.


   Just looking at the faces of the musicians in this one is enough to make me smile.


Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

Phil Ewing said...

Wow, Fran thanks for this extra information and I'm glad you have enjoyed it.
I have really only come across her music in the last year or so and know very little about the rest of her life.
I had no idea she had been around this long. It's interesting and gratifying to read she is socially aware and active.
I like her because she has a superb stage presence and a stunning voice that washes over me - I have heard some people describe her stage look as that of a sensual schoolmistress :-)) and some say she has matured a lot and toned down a sometimes preachy style.
I just like her music and I love the way she almost teases the audience in a playful way on some of the videos.

Thanks again dear friend - Many blessings and hope you have a great weekend.
Don't forget to check out my post on Martha - I almost forgot about doing it !!

FranRossiSzpylczyn said...

Fantastic music Phil - thanks! I once saw Natalie, when she was with 10,000 Maniacs, way long ago. It had to be l983 or 84 I think. Maybe 85? She lives not far from here and is involved with many fine social causes and a big supporter of our local, wonderful public radio station WAMC. Once she was in the area and had a flat tire or something and stopped at a local Shaker historical site. She found out they were in need of money and did a lot to help them out. Generous, good and kind woman.