I Dig For You, God, Like Treasure




My hands are bloody from digging.
I lift them, hold them open in the wind,
so they can branch like a tree.

Reaching, these hands would pull you out of the sky

as if you had shattered there,
dashed yourself to pieces in some wild impatience.

What is this I feel falling now,

falling on this parched earth,
softly,
like a spring rain?

From Book of Hours by Rainer Maria Rilke



The tension between the sense of awe and wonder for life and the sense of outrage at its cruelty cannot be reconciled intellectually.
Easy answers are obscene- the moral imperative always should lead me to love others and yet .........


Sometimes every question I hurl at God confronts me with abject silence.
The mystery of God behind, beyond and inside my existence meets me at all turns in every aspect of life . It is singing in all things ...........
The tension between wonder and love of God, between this and the injustices of life and church grow more intense and do not diminish......

and here in today's Gospel I read  that God elevates the child above the adult.


"At that time Jesus exclaimed:
"I give praise to you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth,
for although you have hidden these things
from the wise and the learned
you have revealed them to little ones."

 
I was A Child by  Cat Stevens (Yusuf Islam)


"Come to me, all you who labour and are burdened,
and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me,
for I am meek and humble of heart;
and you will find rest for yourselves.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden light."

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: