20.09.11 My Mother And My Brothers Are Those Who Hear The Word Of God And Act On It

Scripture readings for today's Mass are here

Gospel Luke 8 : 19-21

The mother of Jesus and his brothers came to him
but were unable to join him because of the crowd.


He was told, "Your mother and your brothers are standing outside
and they wish to see you."


He said to them in reply, "My mother and my brothers
are those who hear the word of God and act on it."


Good reflection here from America magazine on the Gospel.

So what are my brothers the Bishops of England and Wales doing ?
They have unveiled their future priorities in a message to Catholics on the first anniversary of the papal visit to Britain

Their priorities for “the next three to five years” relate to three key areas: “Mission, Teaching and Witness”.
You can get the gist of it all here via The UK Catholic Herald. 
I guess the content should keep Rome happy.

Brothers eh - who'd have 'em ?





Still I  hope : St. Paul's words to the ancient Church in Ephesus might stop me falling into a pit of despondency

"Glory to God whose power working in us can do infinitely more than we could ask or imagine: Glory to God from generation to generation in the church, through Christ Jesus for ever and ever. 
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: