Prayers For Holy Thursday and Triduum 2012


 Broken For Me Broken For You


Carried To The Table By Leeland





Remembrance Communion Song  : Matt Redman




As Good Friday draws nearer these words of the simple four-line prayer attributed to theologian Reinhold Niebuhr grow ever more poignant and deeper in meaning.

Originally untitled, it has become well known as the Serenity Prayer.
It is often found in the abridged form below

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference. 

but it continues beyond this well-known verse,

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace;
Taking, as Jesus did, 
this sinful world as it is, 
not as I would have it;
Trusting that You will make all things right
if I surrender to Your Will;
So that I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with You forever in the next.
Amen.
The Serenity Prayer in its original form below has a subtle difference which I like....

No comments: