Friday Fish : Medley of Songs

Caught in the net this week : a medley of songs for the weekend by Robin Mark 


Image source



Jesus My Shepherd



Song of Songs 5:15 

Jesus my shepherd, beloved most fair
Just the pleasure of knowing You
Fills all of my desires
Riches I’ll heed not, nor man’s empty praise
If You’ll be my inheritance always
Your angels attend me You shelter me round
Like the Cedars of Lebanon
When I lay me down
Like rivers of mercy, Your Spirit poured free
Is the oil of anointing on me.
These are the words I will sing to You
Beloved and most fair.


 Great Love




My Heart will sing to you because of Your great love
A love so rich so pure a love beyond compare

The wilderness, the barren place, 
become as blessing in the warmth of Your embrace

When earthly wisdom dims the light of knowing You
Or if my search for understanding clouds your way

To you I’ll fly, my hiding place, 
where revelation is beholding face to face

May my heart sing your praise for ever,
May my voice lift Your name my God

May my soul know no other treasure, 
than Your love, than Your love

Extra verses below (not sung on the video)
 
No not by might, nor even power, 
but by Your Spirit O Lord

Healer of hearts, binder of wounds, 
lives that are lost, restore

Flow through this land ‘til every man praises 
Your name once more.

You’re everywhere in every place,
 In every time and every space

And every breath that I take You lend
You’re the only one that satisfies, 

the only one that makes my life make sense.


 Lost and Found



When the rain falls, and it some days will,
and the pavement under my feet,
sparkles silver and gold, in reflected light
that I otherwise wouldn't have seen.

And when the storm comes and the strong wind blows
I will bow my head to push through;
And every step that I take, I will watch and pray
and be sure my foothold is true.

Jesus, don't You keep me from that storm
I wanna walk that sacred ground;
For You are Master of it all
And I am but a lost and found.

And in the dry place, in the wilderness
when Your word seems so far away,
Oh I will think of my life, and I will bless Your name;
For Your promises never have failed.

And when the night falls, at the end of days,
I will lift my eyes to the heavens,
and we will shine like the stars, for eternal days;
In Your presence forever and e'er.

So, Jesus, don't You keep me from that storm
I wanna walk that sacred ground;
For You are Master of it all
And I am but a lost and found.

Lost and found, lost and found
I am but a lost and found
For can there be a sweeter sound,
than singing with the lost and found?

Jesus don't You keep me from that storm
I wanna walk that sacred ground;
For You are Master of it all
And I am but a lost and found.

No comments: