More on Beauty from Brother Mickey McGrath



Last week I posted here on Mandalas in Faith featuring the recent inspiring work of  Salesian Brother Michael O'Neill McGrath, O.S.F.S., widely known as Brother Mickey.

 Today I found this from America magazine's archive : click here for an mp 3 recording of the man himself talking about his vocation as a painter and some of his notable works. 

 Additional paintings by Brother Mickey can be viewed in this slideshow.

It's a nice bit of synchronicity today, as I listen to Brother Mickey talking about how we will be "saved by beauty"as I have just been reading the book, "The Divine Beauty, The Invisible Embrace", by John O'Donohue, which I think I will do a few posts on soon.

It is a book that says " in these certain times when we are riven with anxiety, and our trust in the future has lost its innocence, this is the moment to invoke and awaken beauty."

More of Brother Mickey's work ( greeting cards, notecards, prints etc and his latest illustrated book on Dorothy Day and St Francis de Sales can be purchased from here.

The windsock visitation painting by Brother Mickey is below.

No comments: