Breaking Through The Boundaries

Be still, and know that I am God;
    I will be exalted among the nations,
    I will be exalted in the earth.

 Psalm 46:10


Image source







Listening

Listening creates an opening
With presence and pause,
A very nearly holy space.


When held in such a manner
Of quiet regard,
It becomes harder to avoid,
What is waiting and wide as a silent pool,


Deeper than I realized,
Truer than I'd allowed myself to know,
The words that have longed to be heard,
Into speech.

 Carrie Newcomer



The Chinese character for the word listen contains: Ear, King or Nobility, 10 or Maximum Mind, Eye or Focus, One, United or Communion, Heart

 How often can we use all these when we are listening to God in prayer and to others ?




 "This is my Son, the beloved, listen to Him."
Mark 9:7 

 Below is from Henri Nouwen Society -Daily Meditation

Breaking Through The Boundaries

The sacrament of the Eucharist, as the sacrament of the presence of Christ among and within us, has the unique power to unite us into one body, irrespective of age, colour, race or gender, emotional condition, economic status, or social background.  The Eucharist breaks through all these boundaries and creates the one body of Christ, living in the world as a vibrant sign of unity and community.

Jesus prays fervently to his Father:  "May they all be one, just as, Father, you are in me and I am in you, so that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe it was you who sent me" (John 17:21).  The Eucharist is the sacrament of this divine unity lived out among all people.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: