Dappled With Damson

Nicholas Mynheer-  Lullaby of Winter
 Please check out more of Nicholas Mynheers's beautiful work at his website here.  
It's stunning !

 Here's a couple more
Flight Into Egypt

I kiss my hand

To the stars, lovely-asunder

Starlight, wafting him out of it; and

Glow, glory in thunder;

Kiss my hand to the dappled-with-damson west:

Since, tho’ he is under the world’s splendour and wonder,

His mystery must be instressed, stressed;

For I greet him the days I meet him, and bless when I understand.
 Gerard Manley Hopkins, from The Wreck of the Deutschland


AboveThe Great Orion Nebula can be glimpsed as a fuzzy patch with the naked eye, and seen as a down-turned, flower-shaped cloud of gas and dust through backyard telescopes. Credit: Bill Schoening/NOAO/AURA/NSF

No comments: