The Seven I Am Sayings of Jesus from John's Gospel

The Seven “I AM” Sayings of Jesus from St John's Gospel.

I AM THE BREAD OF LIFE
Jesus said to them, ‘I am the bread of life. 
Whoever comes to me will never be hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. John 6:35

                                                                          Image source

I AM THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD

Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, ‘I am the light of the world. 
Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but will have the light of life.’ 
John 8:12


I AM THE GATE
I am the gate. Whoever enters by me will be saved, and will come in and go out and find pasture. John 10:9




I AM THE GOOD SHEPHERD
I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. 
John 10:11



I AM THE RESURRECTION AND THE LIFE
Jesus said to her, ‘I am the resurrection and the life. Those who believe in me, even though they die, will live. John 11:25
James Tissot


I AM THE WAY, AND THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE.
Jesus said to him, ‘I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6

 James Tissot


I AM THE TRUE VINE
I am the true vine, and my Father is the vine-grower. John 15:1

 James Tissot

No comments: