Prepare for Pentecost

There is a candle in your heart,
ready to be kindled.
There is a void in your soul,
ready to be filled.
You feel it, don't you?
You feel the separation
 from the Beloved.
Invite Him to fill you up,
Embrace the fire.
Remind those who tell you otherwise that
Love
comes to you of its own accord,
and the yearning for it
cannot be learned in any school.

Rumi 








Don't forget to check out the beautiful Novena prayers and wonderful reflections at
Concord Pastor's Blog.
























Day Seven's is reproduced  here with thanks to Fr.Austin.


Pentecost Novena to the Holy Spirit - Day 7
From scripture:  
I bless the LORD who counsels me;
even in the night my heart exhorts me.
I set the LORD ever before me;
with him at my right hand I shall not be disturbed.


Therefore my heart is glad and my soul rejoices,
my body, too, abides in confidence;
Because you will not abandon my soul to the nether world,
nor will you suffer your faithful one to undergo corruption.

You will show me the path to life,
fullness of joys in your presence,
the delights at your right hand forever.

 
Psalm 16:1-2, 5, 7--11


For reflection... When my heart is restless, burdened, anxious,
do I turn to the Spirit for joy?

• When I lack confidence in myself or others
do I turn to the Spirit to strengthen my faith?


When I lose my way or stumble on my path
do I turn to the Spirit to guide me and lift me up?

• What will I pray for the Church today?


The Gifts of the Holy Spirit (as they are named in the Rite of Confirmation) include: wisdom... the spirit of understanding and right judgment... courage... the spirit of knowledge and reverence... and the spirit of wonder and awe in God's presence... For which of the Spirit's gifts will I pray today?


Let us pray...
Come, Holy Spirit of God!
Calm our restless hearts with the peace
that you alone can give.
Soothe and comfort us
when we are troubled in mind and heart
and let serenity be your gift to us.
Grant us sound sleep and dreams
that lead to morning's dawn.

Mend our broken trust and promises
and with your Spirit's strength
make firm our faith when we doubt.

Give us your wisdom and counsel
when we are confused
and don't know where to turn.
When we stumble on the path of holiness,
let your fiery presence light our path.

Teach us to delight in your Word
and to hunger for its truth.
Give us joy in our sorrow
and gently wipe every tear from our eyes.

Come, Holy Spirit,
fill the hearts of your people
and kindle in us the fire of your love.
Send forth your Spirit and we shall be created
and you will renew the face of the earth.


Our Father.... Hail Mary.......Glory be to the Father

 

No comments: