Friday 13th Week Ordinary Time 2nd July Mass Readings


Key parts for me 
First reading
Yes, days are coming, says the Lord GOD,
when I will send famine upon the land:
Not a famine of bread, or thirst for water,
but for hearing the word of the LORD.





 



Then shall they wander from sea to sea
and rove from the north to the east
In search of the word of the LORD,
but they shall not find it.

Psalm119
One does not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.

Gospel
The Pharisees saw this and said to his disciples,
"Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?"
He heard this and said,
"Those who are well do not need a physician, but the sick do.
Go and learn the meaning of the words,
I desire mercy, not sacrifice.
I did not come to call the righteous but sinners."

Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

claire bangasser said...

Amos fits so well with everything I find unpalatable in today's life. I wish he could return :-)