Gospel Monday 12th July 2010

 All the Mass readings for today Monday 12th July can be found here

Jesus said to his Apostles:
"Do not think that I have come to bring peace upon the earth.
I have come to bring not peace but the sword.
For I have come to set
a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law;
and one's enemies will be those of his household.
"Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me,
and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me;
and whoever does not take up his cross
and follow after me is not worthy of me.
Whoever finds his life will lose it,
and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.



The Christian religions these days seems more often a source of division than unity but maybe this passage is reminding us us that chaos is a necessary cutting edge to refine and sharpen our faith. We need to take stock and think what is actually  worth losing and what is worth hanging on to, for the sake of God's world.





As they say, it isn't about us... It's about God and letting God be God ...



The only thing we can do is pray to the Holy Spirit, to keep listening and  try to follow the directing of the Word of God .













Image source

No comments: