Prayer and Personality


Carl Jung integrated psychology with spirituality.Image via Wikipedia



This quote from the crown prince of analytic psychotherapy may be a surprise to many who associate his work with the "talking cure." 

"Silence is for me a fount of healing which makes my life worth living. 
Talking is often a torment for me, 
 and I need many days of silence to recover from the futility of words."

~ Carl Jung

Similar to this ?

We mould clay into a pot,
but it is the emptiness inside
that makes the vessel useful.
 
Tao Te Ching






Also from Jung

"When people say I am wise, or a sage, I cannot accept it.
A man once dipped a hatful of water from a stream. What did that amount to? I am not that stream.

I am at the stream, but I do nothing. Other people are at the same stream, but most of them find they have to do something with it. I do nothing.
I never think that I am the one who must see to it that cherries grow on stalks. I stand and behold, admiring what nature can do.

There is a fine old story about a student who came to a rabbi and said, “In the olden days there were men who saw the face of God. Why don’t they any more?” The rabbi replied, “Because nowadays no one can stoop so low”.

One must stoop a little in order to fetch water from the stream."


Still on the subject of prayer, I found this chart of Myers-Briggs types and prayer  amusing  ( I am supposed to be an INTP. ) 

Have a look and find the one which most suits you...

and before you ask, Yes, someone has posted on what  personality type  Jesus might have been .  Amazing... and interesting....


You can read more here



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: