The Evolution Of Change Sari Nusseibeh


Palestinian philosopher Sari Nusseibeh comes from one of the oldest families on record in Jerusalem. His Muslim ancestors have been in the Holy Land since at least the seventh century. Earlier this year, Nusseibeh traveled to Cambodia where he glimpsed inside another ancient civilization. 

Bayon Temple below in Angkor Thom, Cambodia (photo: Ran Phang/Flickr,...
And it was there, as he tells it in the audio link above, that he had an epiphany about God:

“One thing that struck me was the four faces in many of the gates that were on those temples of Buddha. I was asking the guide what they stood for. He said, “Care, compassion, charity, and equality are the four faces of Buddha in those temples. And as he said them I just felt, to me, this is God. And I’m not a Buddhist.”
Listen to more of the interview with Sari Nusseibeh in this week’s show, “The Evolution of Change.”

No comments: