Spiritual Gifts


From Psalm 124:

We were rescued like a bird
from the fowlers' snare;

Broken was the snare,
and we were freed.

Our help is in the name of the LORD,
who made heaven and earth.




"Much will be required of the person entrusted with much,
and still more will be demanded of the person entrusted with more."

From Wednesday's gospel  here


I remember hearing this below many years ago at a retreat and it's good to post it here. 
It applies to many situations so I won't over interpret it - I'll just leave it to you to add your own reflections....



There is an old Jewish-Christian tradition which says: 
God sends each person into this world
With a special message to deliver,
With a special song to sing for others,
With an act of love to bestow.


No one else can speak my message,
Or sing my song, or offer my act of love,
These are entrusted only to me.
According to this tradition
The message may be spoken,
The song sung, the act of love delivered
Only to a few, or to all the folk in a small town,
Or to all the people in a large city,
Or even to all those in the whole world.


It all depends on God's unique plan for each person.
To which we might add:
The greatest gift of God, one would think,
Is the gift of life.
The greatest sin of humans, it would seem,
Would be to return that gift,
Ungrateful and unopened.
Anonymous
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: