Update Exciting New Experience On The Air

Well today was an exciting new experience for me. 



I took part in play reading for a local community radio programme called Do The Write Thing. 

Redruth Community Radio is at the moment internet based and you can hear it live or through the archived programmes. 

It's a radio station run entirely by the local community, and is especially keen to involve hard to reach or excluded sections of the community.


It is a “non profit” social enterprise and supported by donations, sponsors and partners. It also gives free training opportunities, as well as playing an active part within the community.


There were four short plays in total and I took part in three of them. None of them were religious.

I was nervous before I started but once I got going I thoroughly enjoyed it and hope to do more in the future. 

In the first one I played a small part and had to sound very Cornish; the second one was longer and I played the part of a prim and anxious middle aged woman from Sidcup (nothing like the real me, apart from the anxious middle aged bit.) I wasn't in the third one but Kevin and Helen did a great job on a surreal tale.
Finally the fourth and very short one was just me being me.

It should be available on the archive from Monday 16th January, at some point. 

You will be able to hear it on the link below - you need to scroll down the list of programmes and the date to look for is Friday 13th January, which should be right at the bottom; the last one on the list. 

Click on the one that says mp3 download. it may take a minute or two to load but hopefully it won't be too long.

Do the Write Thing” is based in Redruth Cornwall UK a whole hour dedicated to the spoken word, whether it’s poetry, song, story, novel extracts, plays or film. The aim is to enthral the listener and inspire other writers. 

Each week the presenter Sue Farmer hopes to bring the best original work from local writers by inviting a guest artist into the studio to share their work with the listener.


Hopefully it won't be too long before it appears.

(I think you can also listen to it again live this Sunday evening at 5-6 pm (UK time.)

Please let me know what you think !!

No comments: