The Invocation


Anúna : Invocation from Anuna on Vimeo.


Ailiu iath nErenn‘ – “I invoke the land of Ireland” 
The video was filmed in County Galway.

 Michael McGlynn is a Catholic composer, choral director, and founder of the Irish choral group Anúna. His music has been recorded and performed by vocal ensembles such as Rajaton, the National Youth Choir of Great Britain, The Dale Warland Singers, Conspirare, the BBC Singers, the Phoenix Chorale and Chanticleer. 

You can read more of his reflections on life and music on his Pictures & Visions blog.
and another article here  : a testimony to the functional and artistic power of sacred choral music in worship. 

 The Invocation
I am the wind which breathes upon the sea
I am the wave of the ocean.
I am the murmur of the billows.
I am the ox of the seven combats.
I am the vulture upon the rocks.
I am a beam of the Sun.
I am the fairest of plants.
I am a wild boar in valour.
I am a salmon in the water.
I am a lake in the plain.
I am a word of science.
I am a point of a lance in battle.
I am the God who created in the head the fire.
Who is it who throws light into the meeting in the mountain?
Who announces the ages of the Moon? 
Who teaches the place where couches the Sun?
If not I? I invoke the land of Ireland!
 


No comments: