New Year Week One

The blogosphere and beyond is replete with New year quotes, resolutions and promises.  One of my favourites is :

"New Year's Day:  Now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions.  Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual. " ~Mark Twain


Before the New Year gets going with its usual plethora of scandals, natural disasters, wars, famines, atrocities and economic disasters I thought it would be a good idea to put this one up from Carlo Caretto on the church.


It isn't a resolution as such, more a prayer and a statement of resolve to hang in there.
I haul it out periodically every year and it has already come in handy and the first week of 2012 isn't even over.



Perhaps this one might be a good one for me to try and put into practice...



and as it's still New Year a Blessing ..... but I'm not so sure about the neighbours bit.






No comments: