Parker Palmer on The Human Heart

 Parker Palmer explores the power of the human heart to stand up to injustice.


Those movements were fomented by folks who had every external form of power taken away from then.  They had no status, they had no standing, they had no leverage. What they did was to access the only source of power that no one can take away from us, and that’s the power of the human heart…the power of the soul, the power of identity and integrity.
I think of about this sometimes as the Rosa Parks decision, or the Rosa Parks moment in life, where an apparently powerless person, an ordinary citizen say, “I hold a truth on the inside that has power. 
And the truth is that I’m a full human being with all the rights and privileges pertaining there unto.  And I’m no longer going to collaborate with a system that treats me as less than a full human being.

No comments: