Child Of The Wind

Canadian Bruce Cockburn wrote this lovely song many years ago when he first realised he was a Christian and more recently when interviewed he says it is really a song about the Holy Spirit.




 All The Diamonds


All the diamonds in this world
That mean anything to me
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea

I ran aground in a harbour town
Lost the taste for being free
Thank God He sent some gull-chased ship
To carry me to sea

Two thousand years and half a world away
Dying trees still grow greener when you pray

Silver scales flash bright and fade
In reeds along the shore
Like a pearl in sea of liquid jade
His ship comes shining
Like a crystal swan in a sky of suns
His ship comes shining.

Magritte

 Extract from his Song Child Of The Wind

Little round planet
In a big universe
Sometimes it looks blessed
Sometimes it looks cursed
Depends on what you look at obviously
But even more it depends on the way that you see
Hear the wind moan
In the bright diamond sky
These mountains are waiting
Brown-green and dry
I'm too old for the term
But I'll use it anyway
I'll be a child of the wind
Till the end of my days







and as it's the feast of the Holy Trinity coming up this Sunday this is a neat poem
My Holy Three (lionessblog.com)


Related articles on Bruce Cockburn
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: