34th Sunday Ordinary Time 2013 Our Lord Jesus Christ - King Of The Universe

I'm posting this Sunday's reflections early this week !

Scripture readings for Sunday's Mass are here

Reflections for this feast from 2012 are here.

Reflections from 2011 are here

Reflections for these Gospel readings from cycle C - 2010 are here.

Reflection from Daniel Clendenin here.

 This beautiful Taize Chant, Jesus Remember Me, is a video reflection that underscores a meditation on the face of Christ, His suffering, death and resurrection. Music by St. Thomas Music Group, Woodford Green, under the direction of Margaret Rizza. 





Beautiful reflection from Fr. John Predmore S.J. from here.

By kind permission Image above is by Brian Kavanagh from Hartford Catholic Worker.


When I survey the wondrous cross
On which the Prince of glory died,
My richest gain I count but loss,
And pour contempt on all my pride.


Forbid it, Lord, that I should boast,
Save in the death of Christ my God!
All the vain things that charm me most,
I sacrifice them to His blood.


See from His head, His hands, His feet,
Sorrow and love flow mingled down!
Did e’er such love and sorrow meet,
Or thorns compose so rich a crown?


His dying crimson, like a robe,
Spreads o’er His body on the tree;
Then I am dead to all the globe,
And all the globe is dead to me.


Were the whole realm of nature mine,
That were a present far too small;
Love so amazing, so divine,
Demands my soul, my life, my all.

Isaac Watts

No comments: