November Monday 2013 Last Weeks of Liturgical Year

So, we head towards Sunday's Feast of Christ The King and we are in the last weeks of the church's liturgical year, cycle C. 

Then we move on to a new liturgical cycle, A, beginning with the first Sunday of Advent on Sunday 1st December.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgE6oYWO7-83rRkXDGp68hFZiTMs6fmOSrROQQ6uhakOOWl-c7J0dm4fuCZegZfULP7eleoPB4SZnh6GK8hTL0LLCOhqNYnhkG2ICrIiqg9aXxY_fDRbV6LTiRttQxEw82xWoKEzHV606FB/s1600/litergical+year++2010+classic+style.png


This coming Thursday sees Thanksgiving Day celebrations in the USA. I have always thought it would be good to have a similar day in the UK. I'll take this opportunity to thank all my blogging friends and readers for your friendship, encouragement and support during this year. You are all much appreciated and I am ever grateful for your companionship along this journey. 

Meanwhile, I still haven't filled in the questionnaire on the pastoral challenges to the family. I keep looking at it, so maybe this week I will finally complete it. This week I'll be having a search for new Advent resources and hoping to update my own resources from the archives. Well, that's the general idea, but life often has a way of surprising and subverting me in this great spiralling adventure of faith.
 
As it's a Monday it's nice to start the week with a few songs so here's a selection from Josh Garrels. 
Image source

 

 Words Remain

Heaven and the earth will pass away
But your words all remain

And my hands are growing old
And weary with pain
Still I fold them to pray

To the one unchanged
Yesterday and today
Oh YHWH
I will try to stay awake
Take my last breath of faith
As I wait for you to come

Take me beyond
This land undone
Over the flood
By your word, spirit, and blood

It was prophesied long ago
Every word set in stone

 Not one will pass away
Or walk alone
All that I own

Does not compare
To the love that we share
Please remember me

When the hour arrives
And you must decide
If you’ll wait for me to come

Take you beyond
This land undone
Over the flood
By my word, spirit, and blood



 Beyond The Blue


Stand on the shores of a site unseen
The substance of this dwells in me
Cause my natural eyes only go skin deep
But the eye's of my heart anchor the sea

Plumbing the depths to the place in between
The tangible world and the land of a dream
Because everything here ain't quite what it seems
There's more beneath the appearance of things
A beggar could be king within the shadows,
Of a wing.

And wisdom will honour everyone who will learn
To listen, to love, and to pray and discern
And to do the right thing even when it burns
And to live in the light through each treacherous turn
A man is weak, but the spirit yearns
To keep on course from the bow to the stern
And throw overboard every selfish concern
That tries to work for what can't be earned
Sometimes the only way to return is to go,
Where the winds will take you.

To let go, of all, you cannot hold onto
For the hope, beyond, the blue

I sing yellow and gold as the new day dawns
Like a virgin unveiled who waited so long
To dance and rejoice and to sing her song
And to rest in the arms of a love so strong

No one comes unless they're drawn
By the voice of desire that leads em' along
To the redemption of what went wrong
By the blood that covered the innocent one
No more separation
Between us.

So lift your voice just one more time
If there's any hope may it be a sign
That everything was made to shine
Despite what you can see

So take this bread and drink this wine
And hide your spirit in the vine
Where all things work by good design
For those who will believe

And let go, of all, we cannot hold onto
For the hope, beyond, the blue
Said I, let go, of all, I could not hold onto
For the hope, I have, in you



Children of the earth
once dust but now life
living in times of flesh and bone
behold, spiritual fire
set a flame in my heart
Illuminate the darkest hours
where I wait,
before the dawn
to see
the glory and the power
of the Lord
Hallelujah

Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah

The older we become
we must become more like a child
believing there's a land that lies beyond
all the things that we've seen


Make my mind free from fears
You know I can't do it on my own
the way is hard, but
we could fly over...
when you hear our wings
we sing 

Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah 




The Children's Song
Down on my knees

Praying please, have mercy now

Christ my shelter, in a world that tries to drag me down.

Open your mind.
Open your heart.
Open up your soul.
Jesus come in,
and make a broken man whole.
Carried the cross.
Carried the pain.
Carried the love.
We don’t belong here, 
but to the Father above.
Jesus in heaven and
Jesus in hell below.
Paid for our sin,
broken body with the red blood flow.
Rise up in glory,
raise your hands to the risen King.
He’s God almighty, listen to his children sing.
Let 'em sing. 
Hallelujah to our King.
Hallelujah, ruler over everything.
The children sing. Hallelujah to our King.
Hallelujah, ruler over everything.
In this world you will have trouble.
But Jesus overcame the world.
And our body is His Temple.
And we will worship forever more.

No comments: